The MCDC is a portable, briefcase sized, cohesive network between a scalable server cluster.
The MCDC provides instant and scalable network application services to field data users in a single robust, energy efficient and mobile unit and can be scaled from one server to 22 complete servers simply by plugging in more BioDigitalPC®’s.
When completely scaled, the MCDC allows for 22 BioDigitalPC®’s containing 22 to 88 CPU cores, 44 to 176GB DDR3 RAM, up to 2.8TB of Ultra-Fast SSD storage and up to 12TB optional HDD storage.
For thin client deployment, the MCDC can also act as a host unit for provisioning network services in a single self-contained mobile unit, making the tasks of large client deployments as straight forward as plugging in another BPC.
The BioDigitalPC®’s used in the MCDC can be hot swapped during operation allowing for upgrades and increased provision of application services to be carried out by non-technical personnel instantly.
The integrated internal battery in the MCDC provides up eight hours server uptime and nearly a week of minimal server usage so it can still be used during periods of power outage. The MCDC also features a full LCD display and charging status lights for peace of mind.
- Patent protected
- Extremely rugged and durable
- MTBF of more than five years
- Ultra compact credit card sized form factor – reduces the storage space and weight overheads of providing the highest processing power for front line information systems
- Extremely low power requirement for full operation – drawing only 5-10 watts per BioDigitalPC
- Plug and play functionality – BioDigitalPC®’s are hot swappable and portable thereby reducing the level of technical support at the frontline
- Reusable – BioDigitalPC®’s may be swapped out a use requiring the highest processing power and into a use which does not thereby reducing life throughput costs
- Extremely “green” – even when BioDigItalPC®’s need to be disposed of there is minimal waste impact on the environment, and in use both the BioDigitalPC® and MCDC require minimal real estate, power and cooling
- Secure to Becrypt Secret Standard if required
- Adaptable to existing infrastructure – with the use of patented desktop readers BioDigitalPC®’s can operate existing systems
- Much lower through life upgrade costs – simply unplug a BioDigitalPC® and replace it with another thereby negating the requirement to replace existing systems and hardware
- Thin client deployment – supports virtualisation platforms in a scalable architecture
- Versatility – runs the software needed to allow selection of the combination which best suits a mission profile
- Extremely reduced footprint for host server centre in a briefcase